Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ocean Eyes

Golf and alcohol don't mix
And that's why I don't drink and drive
Because good grief, I'd knock out my teeth
And have to kiss my smile goodbye
-Adam Young/Owl City, Dental Care
On the cover Owl City's Ocean Eyes album isn't a yacht as I thought instead it's a building on the sea. I can hit the replay button on this album few times in a day and yet never get bored of the songs. The songs always feel fresh every time I listen to it again. The lyrics are really meaningful, deep and witty. "Meteor Shower" is the shortest song in the album but it has really deep lyrics. Another song, "Vanilla Twilight" seems to tug at my heartstrings. I can relate to "The Saltwater Room" too, beautiful song.

"The Bird and The Worm" and "Dental Care" can make you laugh while listening to it. There are other upbeat/positive songs in this album like "Fireflies", "The Tip of the Iceberg" and "Cave In" that makes you look at the bright side and smile :)

A lot of people said that it takes time to warm up to Owl City's music but somehow I feel that his music draws me in and I feel so at home. The man behind Owl City has great musical talent and I look forward to listening to more of Owl City in the future.

Be his fan on Facebook, you'll like his witty wordplay on his status updates which is oh-so humorous at times.

By the way, I finished Mr. Siao Mandarin Class Season 1 and also watched Blood Diamonds yesterday. After watching Blood Diamond, you'll never look at diamonds the same way again. Ever. You won't want to call them your best friend.

"In America, it's bling bling. But out here it's bling blang." Danny Archer, Blood Diamond
Vicky


No comments: