Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Walking tour around KL

Went out with Ai Vee yesterday. This is the first time we went out together since we graduated from secondary school. Can you believe it?

We took the LRT to Petaling Street. The only thing we did there was to eat and eat some more. I had Tong Kee egg tart, Longan drink which is a must try on Petaling Street, Yong Tau Foo and Chee Cheong Fun which is in a market, you must walk in from some dark alley next to 7 Eleven. After that we went to buy some cookies for Chinese New Year. I bought a jar of Seaweed Biscuit at a discount. I always doubted my negotiation skills but at least I managed to negotiate a discount. However, there's always room for improvement. Need to negotiate more. Then I went to buy a piece of this pulut thing that is sold at Yau Char Kwai stalls at another stall. I always buy the same thing from the same stall everytime I go to Petaling Street and I won't get bored of it or try another stall because the one sold here is good. After that, Ai Vee bought Tau Foo Fa because we saw a lot of students buying from that stall. Then we walk to a skin clinic at Jalan Pudu because Ai Vee wants to buy cleanser. We thought it would be very far from Petaling Street but it wasn't, in my opinion. Since I was already full, I didn't get to try all the food I wanted to try.

From the skin clinic, we walked to Bukit Bintang area because we can see Berjaya Times Square from where we were standing so it looks quite near. As we were walking there, I remember the Turkish ice cream I wanted to try at BB Plaza. We took the long way to BB Plaza. Long story. Anyway, I got to try the ice cream, double scoop at RM5. The single scoop cost RM3. Not hard to find, it's located outside BB Plaza near some traffic lights. The man did a performance while serving me. Go check it out. I wish all ice cream stalls did that.

From there we walked to Pavillion which is near KLCC because Ai Vee will be meeting her friend at KLCC. From Pavillion, there's an overhead bridge with a sign that says to KLCC Convention Center. After you get down the bridge, you'll pass some building and eventually get to the Convention Center which is next to KLCC.

Wanted to go to Galeri Petronas but it was closed. So we went chatted at the foodcourt. It's a small world. Ai Vee's friend is coursemates with some of the cell group members which my cell group joined 2 weeks ago. After that we walked around KLCC and since the rain has stopped. (God is good! It only started to rain where we were already inside the convention center.) We went walk around the park and took some photos. Then went back in KLCC, but since it was rush hour and the LRT will definitely be packed like sardines, we decided to stay back and have our dinner at KFC. We went home after that.

That's the end of my self-guided walking tour in KL.
Vicky

2 comments:

Eileen Lim said...

what kind of performance did the man to for you? ;P

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

Buy and then you'll know.