Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Assam Laksa for the 1st time

Had dinner at Cinta Ria@DJ yesterday and I ordered a bowl of Assam Laksa. So two first here, first time eating at Cinta Ria@DJ and first time eating Assam Laksa.

I always thought that Assam Laksa is super spicy. I used to picture myself, sweating and drinking lots of water with plenty of ice in it because the spiciness is burning my tongue, and yes I'll be sweating too. But when I tried this, it wasn't as spicy as I imagined it would be. In fact I enjoyed eating it. I like sour dishes. So it was sour enough to for me. This dish cost RM7.50 which I think was reasonable for a restaurant like this.

If you don't know where this restaurant is, it's beside a restaurant famous for its claypot rice in Damansara Jaya. The signboard for Cinta Ria@DJ is in red so you can't miss it.

Assam Laksa is on my food list when I go to Penang,
Vicky

No comments: