Friday, April 30, 2010

What's God's will for me?

I have been asking questions like "What's God's will for me?"and "What's my purpose in life?" a number of times. I even asked friends to pray for me so that I'll find an answer to those questions. Well, my prayers were not answered until recently when I read this book which I borrowed from my church library. The book is - Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot by Max Lucado. When I borrowed the book I thought it was getting out of complacency. I don't even know what's sweet spot to begin with. However this book answered my question on God's will for me.

To know what's God's will, I would need to know my S.T.O.R.Y.

S - Strengths. The things I naturally do to accomplish what I love.

T - Topics. Things I prefer to work on.

O - Optimal conditions. Where and when I am most engaged.

R - Relationships. How I prefer to relate to people.

Y - Yes!. The outcomes that gives me the most satisfaction and joy.

As I was finding out what's my S.T.O.R.Y. I realised that I'm on the right track to fulfilling God's destiny for me.

I'm currently a Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) student. CIMA equips me with the relevant skills and knowledge so that I can contribute in my future workplace. In other words, I'm studying what I enjoy and when I graduate, hopefully get a job I enjoy doing. Most importantly, I'm doing what God had created me to do.

Read this book to find out your S.T.O.R.Y.

Happy Labour Day in advance!
Vicky

2 comments:

ching said...

i recommend reading A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. that might help you to know what you're looking for.

i've read it twice and i feel important because every chapter delivers hard hitting truth.


http://mysilentinterlude.blogspot.com/

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

thanks for that tip. I have that book too but didn't finish it. Going to start reading it again.