Thursday, May 6, 2010

3D2N Penang: Day 1

Took Five Stars Express bus from 1 Utama to Penang in the morning. The whole journey took about 4 and a half hours. The seat is comfortable and spacious. It can recline and there's enough leg room. During the journey, I watched Narnia: Prince Caspian. The Chronicles of Narnia is my favourite storybook. I think I watched this movie a few times, I don't mind watching it another time. I can't wait to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader which will be released in December 2010.

When we (my friend and I) arrived in Penang, it took us quite a while to find the hotel as we weren't familiar with the roads and some of the locals only know the road names in Mandarin/Hokkien. However, we managed to find Cathay Hotel (the hotel we stayed in) after walking for what seemed to me like hours under the hot sun. Felt relieved to finally found the hotel. My first impression of the hotel is that it is beautiful in its own way. I like the architecture and interior design. It gives you the "back to 100 years ago" feel. Something that can't be found in modern hotels. Don't worry, the facilities are pretty modern. The room rate didn't burn a hole in my pocket either.

After checking in, putting down our bags, we took Rapid Penang 101 from Penang Road to Batu Feringghi to check out Hard Rock Hotel. It costs RM2.70 one way. Took a lot of pictures there. Every rock lovers must visit this hotel at least once in his/her life. I got caught up taking so much pictures in the lobby, swimming pool, beach, outside the hotel. I think I took the most photos here. When my stomach started making noises (not rock music), I realised I haven't had my lunch and dinner yet so we made our way to Hard Rock Cafe. At the cafe, I took some more pictures while waiting for my food to arrive. I really like the beef patty in the HRC Burger that I ordered, it's so juicy. I had it done medium rare.

I met a pleasant staff there, her name is Laida. So when you go to Hard Rock Cafe in Batu Feringghi, Penang, tell her I said "Hi." From today onwards, I'm going to save up enough money to spend a night at Hard Rock Hotel Penang just for the experience.

After eating, we went to the night market nearby. It was quite a disappointment. Then we went back to our hotel to bathe and sleep.

Vicky.

P.S. 3D2N Penang: Day 2 tomorrow. Pictures are on my Facebook.

2 comments:

shu cyan said...

i miss up Hard Rock Cafe during my visit to Penang last yr.. should go there next time to take pictures.. hehe

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

take pictures and eat too. The food is good. The portion is big so it can make you full if you skip lunch&dinner.