Monday, July 26, 2010

Coraline

I read book in phases. For example, when I'm in a John Grisham phase, I'll read all John Grisham books that I can get my hands on. After that phase is over, I'll move on to another phase. Phases I have been in as far as I can remember are Nicholas Sparks, Stephanie Meyer, C.S. Lewis, John Grisham, J.K. Rowling and Smallville books. Those are just those that I can remember, I've read far more books than that.

Right now I'm in a Neil Gaiman phase. So far I've read American Gods and Stardust. I finished Coraline yesterday. I started reading Neil Gaiman books when my friend started talking about them, then I asked her to lend me some of her books to read. So she lend me American Gods and Stardust. I prefer Stardust over American Gods. I borrowed Coraline from the library.

There is a movie version of this book but I didn't watch it except for probably the first 10 minutes of it on my friend's laptop in my college's library. Anyway, back to the book. I read it within 1 day, 1 sitting and 1 afternoon. That shows how good the story is. Even though this is a children book but young adults like me would enjoy it too. If I could describe Neil Gaiman through his books in one word, it would be: imaginative.

Next Neil Gaiman book that I'll be reading is "The Graveyard Book"
Vicky

No comments: