Saturday, December 4, 2010

How to kill a snake

I was reading the Bible this morning and the passage is Genesis 3 and as I was reading this passage aloud (I usually read the Bible aloud), I came across verse 15 which gives us a hint on how to kill a snake and if snakes could read, how a snake could kill a human, considering how dangerous a snake can be, and a bite by a snake could kill a person.

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." - Genesis 3:15, NIV.

If you're wondering who's the you in this verse, it refers to the serpent or the snake. I have never been attacked by a snake before, though I've seen many and touched some, mostly at zoos. But if I ever see a snake in the wild, I try to crush its head. Easier said than done.

Hope we never have to kill a snake,
Vicky