Sunday, February 27, 2011

God's plans vs my plans

I'm a funny person. I believe in a prayer answering God and yet sometimes say prayers that I don't wish God would answer but say it anyway. Like how I told God that I surrender my plans and dreams to Him and that I want to do His will.

I know this is a bit confusing. I'm not sure how should I put this situation that I'm in, in words.

I shall start with my plans. My plans is to work overseas for a few years to gain exposure and experience then return to my home country with the hope that I could contribute better. Then somewhere along the way, in my quiet time I told God, I surrender my plans to Him. I want to do His will because based on my experience, following God's will actually turned out well for me.

These past few weeks, I sense God wanting me to work in my home country. Every time I talk to friends, I mentioned my plans now that I'm graduating soon and would very soon join the workforce and the reply I got from them were that their company has vacancies in accounting and if I'm interested I could pass my resume to them because it would be easier for me to get the job when I'm internally recommended by them or something along that line. I wondered, how come they never hear the part where I want to work overseas? I mean, won't they encourage me to work overseas? Aren't they sick of the hot weather here? This is not from one person but a few so I get the message. Loud and clear now.

Therefore, my future plans are going to be like this after completing my degree in UK this year, I'm going to look for a job in Malaysia. Afterall, "in their hearts human plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps" (Proverbs 16:9, NIV).

No comments: