Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 things we're still buying

Even when consumer spending has drop and the economy is getting worse. Read this article on Forbes website.

  1. Smart phones. Well I'm thinking of getting a smart phone myself, although an ideal one would be an iphone but I can't get it legally in Malaysia so maybe I'll get a Nokia N series when I've saved up enough money. Chinese New Year is in a few days time.
  2. Video games and consoles. If I were a boy, I would definitely buy more video games to pass the time. Guitar Hero seems fine to me. I do play Dance Dance Revolution though.T
  3. Toy building sets. For example Lego. Don't you think I'm too old for it? and I don't have kids.
  4. Car maintenance. I don't drive but I think everyone who drives need to spend money to maintain their cars. Anyway, for those who'll be traveling back to their hometowns, please service your cars before leaving.
  5. Restaurants. Ahh...I need to eat and I eat out most of the time.
  6. Movie tickets. Well, I need to watch movies and the sound system in the cinema is better than the one at home.
  7. Netbooks. My dream is to get a Macbook one day.
  8. Dress casual shoes. I just bought a new pair of shoes last month I think. It's a pair of Reebok sports shoes (this might not be related). I'm thinking of buying some new shoes maybe during sales in May.
  9. Personal care. People need to use personal care to survive even during tough times. You know, they still need to keep themselves clean and to look presentable. I just bought a pack of Simple facial wipes so it's more convenient to cleanse my face when I'm traveling and also a Nivea lip balm for my cracked lips.
  10. Gym memberships. Personally, I don't like working out in gyms and a gym membership is expensive. However, I run on the treadmill at home.
Have a wealthy and healthy new year everyone! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments: