Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Looking young

I had English presentation today so I had to wear formal. So when when I was walking out of Kelana Jaya LRT station, a UNICEF promoter stopped me and asked if I'm a student or working. So I guess with formal clothes, I do look a bit more older.

Anyway, I found another advantage to looking young from an article in Malay Mail ("Looking young may mean living longer, says study" 15 December 2009, page 13, World section). According to a Danish study published in BMJ, people who look younger than their years also live longer. The possible bioligical explanation to this is that people who looked younger also tend to have longer telomeres which is a key DNA component linked to aging. So I guess I must have longer telomeres. I wonder what my telomeres looks like. Any medical/biology student can help me with that?

Listening to an album I won yesterday from Broadcast Communication booth. "This thing called jazz and more...vol 1". Truth be told, jazz is not my cup of tea because everytime I think of jazz, I would think of slow songs that make me sleepy. Of course there's an exception to this rule, when Lee Hom sings jazz, it's never boring even though I heard that song a million times. Overall, some of the songs are pretty nice, though some are boring. Anyway, this album is not for sale, it's written there right on the back of the album. While listening to this album, I imagine myself having a romantic dinner in an upscale restaurant.

Some songs in this album are starting to become my favorite,
Vicky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like looking young, to tell you a secret,i really looked very boyish about 10 years ago, but as we have more stress and lagi more stress,now i try very hard to maintain it.

i exercise a lot, i fast once a week whole day, my regime of staying and looking young,i hope, dont get mad at people(still trying)
give more love(another secret of staying young), be intimate with your spouse(another secret)dont do the things that give you guilty feeling,(another secret)eat well,and eat little(another secret)laugh a lot(another secret)and most of all BLOGGING lah.

take care now, i appreciate you(to show appreciation)another secret of staying young.hahahahah