Saturday, February 20, 2010

Little Big Soldier

I watched this movie yesterday at GSC Tropicana City Mall. I like watching movies at Tropicana City Mall because there's less people. The movie was also shown in Hall 1 which I like for it's comfortable seats and enough leg room. The hall was less than half filled.

This is not a detailed historical movie, so if you're looking for a movie on the battles during the Warring Era in China, this is not the movie you're looking for.

Little Big Soldier focuses on two people, that is a soldier (Jackie Chan) from Liang who wants to be a farmer and to be discharged from war who captured a general (Wang Leehom) who is also the Prince of Wei.

Jackie Chan portrayed his character well. I enjoyed his humourous antics and I think he's got all the best lines. Wang Leehom, still a rookie at acting, I think has improved a lot. Well done Leehom! It's hard to recognise him in this movie.

The cinematography in this movie is good. I feel like watching this movie a second time.

If you're thinking of watching this movie, just don't expect a lot of battle scenes and prepared to laugh a lot while watching this movie. I would give this movie an A.

That's my Chinese New Year movie.
Vicky

2 comments:

Eileen Lim said...

"A comedy with a capital C, "
Lol. You mean the movie is rated c?

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

no lar...it means it's super funny.