Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baked potatoes

I made baked potatoes yesterday and it turned out well. I followed the recipe from Western Food Eastern Style by Ruzita Awaluddin.

Ingredients
500g potatoes
100g butter
100g cheese
A little salt
Aluminium foil
Cucumber, tomato and parsley

Method
  1. Clean potatoes and scald with a little salt in boiling water. Cut potato into halves or three quaters if preferred.
  2. Wrap potatoes in aluminium foil and arrange in a tray. Bake until cooked.
  3. Remove potatoes from oven. Add butter and cheese on top.
  4. Bake potatoes again until golden in colour. Serve with cucumber, tomato and parsley.
Instead of 500g of potatoes, I used 4 potatoes, which was enough for my whole family. I used Mozzarella cheese. I might try using other type of cheese when I make this dish again in the future.

Enjoy your baked potatoes,
Vicky

No comments: