Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Your Road Map for Success

I used to wonder what is success? I thought it was about accomplishing something, but I was wrong. I found the answer in the book, Your Road Map for Success by John C. Maxwell. Success is defined in just 3 lines.
Success is...
knowing your purpose in life,
growing to reach your maximum potential, and
sowing seeds that benefit others.
Another thing that stand out while I was reading this book is the code of persistence written by Harold Sherman, author of How to Turn Failure into Success.
  1. I will never give up so long as I know I am right.
  2. I will believe that all things will work out for me if I hang on the end.
  3. I will be courageous and undismayed in the face of poor odds.
  4. I will not permit anyone to intimidate or deter me from my goals.
  5. I will fight to overcome all physical handicaps and setbacks.
  6. I will try again and again and yet again to accomplish what I desire.
  7. I will take new faith and resolution from the knowledge that all successful men and women have had to fight defeat and adversity.
  8. I will never surrender to discouragement or despair no matter what seeming obstacles may confront me.
I had a meeting with the external examiner and someone from CIMA today and one of the things that they said which can help us in our learning is to read a lot. I can't disagree. You'll not only learn more things, your writing skills and thinking skills will also improve greatly.

I love to read,
Vicky

No comments: