Friday, November 20, 2009

Marley & me

Just finish reading Marley & Me: life and love with the world's worst dog by John Grogan. Finished it in the college library while waiting for my lecture to start. I had to hold back my tears while reading the last few chapters because I'm in the college library and crying there and then is not something I envision myself doing. Furthermore, I don't want people to stare at me. I can understand how the author feels when Marley passed away. You're not only losing your best friend but also something that's been part of you. You watch him grow and know him inside out. He's a big chunk of your life.

I find some of the things Marley did in this book amusing and laughed at some of Marley's antics which I also mentally compared to my own dog. Sometimes I think that my dog is the world's worst dog but he's also my closest friend.

And yes, like Marley, my dog is afraid of thunderstorms and in my dog's case, fireworks too and in Malaysia we experience thunderstorms pretty much all year round and at every celebrations like Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali there's bound to be someone setting of fireworks and firecrackers.

My dog has also destroyed a some things in my house like shoes, curtains, fences and what not. But besides all his shortcomings I still love my dog.

This is one book I can relate to on a personal level and once you start reading this book, you'll find it hard to put down and might even consider adopting a pet.

I enjoyed reading every page in this book.
Vicky

1 comment:

Eileen Lim said...

I can see why you cried at the last few pages of the book. I did too.

Its so nice to have a friend that doesn't discriminate you because of your gender, race or religion isn't it? -)