Thursday, March 13, 2008

10 places I would like to visit

...if only I have the time and money and probably someone to go with so the whole trip won't be so boring and to solve one problem - my indecisiveness. We might be able to share the bill to for accomodation, food and transportation.

1. New York. I know this place is expensive. But whenever you think of New York, Broadway comes to mind too. I would like to watch a musical or a play there.

2. Los Angeles. There are plenty of things to do in LA, you can visit Hollywood which would be at the top on my itinery. And if I go at the right time, I may be able to attend my favorite band/singer's concert. And the beaches there. I know there are plenty of beaches in Malaysia but beaches in other countries are just different.

3. Hong Kong. There's a Disneyland there, probably not as good as the one in US but probably cheaper. And not forgetting Ocean Park. There's also the Madame Tussauds, good food and shopping. Besides, it's easy to get around Hong Kong due to well-planned public transportation system.

4. Bangkok. I can get here by Air Asia. There's the floating market which is something, I guess, you can only find here. There are also some heritage UNESCO sites here.

5. Beijing. But prices here will rise after Olympics. I'll definitely visit the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Then there's the Beijing opera. I'm not a fan of operas but I might watch it for the novelty of it. Maybe I'll try the Beijing roast duck.

6. Shanghai. The best time to visit Shanghai is during spring or autumn. There are also gardens and museum to visit.

7. Harbin. Visit this place during winter. The ice lantern festival is a top tourist attraction here.

8. Tokyo. The cherry blossoms are beautiful. Go during March, April or May. There are many other things to see and do here like museums and hot springs.

9. London. There are many tours here. I would look forward to the Wimbledon Lawn Museum and tour. There's also a Madame Tussauds here.

10. Langkawi. This island is a romantic getaway. Even if you're single, there are many interesting tourist attraction here like Makam Mahsuri, Underwater World Langkawi. Besides, this is a duty-free zone so chocolates are cheap here.

No comments: