Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just moved

Hi, my name is Vicky Pang Weiqi. I'm not new to blogging. In fact, I have been blogging since 15. I like reading, I have been reading a lot of books throughout my holidays. Today is the last day of my holidays. I'll be starting my 4th semester tomorrow which is also my my 1st semester for the 2nd year.

The most recent book I read is Lake with no name by Diane Wei Liang. It's an autobiography. She gives an eyewitness account to the events that happened during the Cultural Revolution in China, which was when she was born till the Student Democracy Movement and a little bit after that.

But the book was mainly about her time studying in Beijing University which is also during the Student Democracy Movement. She tells about her experience on being a part of it, the ups and down, the suffering they went through at that time.

She also tells about her love life. She loves Dong Yi but due to certain circumstances they could not be together. This gives this whole book a sad tone. I understand how hard is for 2 lovers who could not be together because of the choices they made earlier.

Overall, a good book.

No comments: