Sunday, April 13, 2008

Advice from Lee Hom

In case you didn't notice, on the right, there are links to websites of my favorite celebrities or personalties. Those are their official website.

Today, I decided to visit Lee Hom's website just to take a break from all that studying. I admire a lot of things about Lee Hom. He's a great singer.

He wrote an article on practising and working hard. I can't disagree. Even though he was talking about singing, I think it applies to everybody else, no matter what field you're in. I realized, the more I practice, the better I get. The harder I work, the easier it gets. Just like Management Accounting Fundamentals, a super tough subject I took last semester, it was my weakest subject, now I understand it well because I faced my weakness. I tried past year question and any question related to the topic I'm doing. From my getting the lowest grades among all the other subject, it became the one with the highest grade during my finals.

I just kept practicing, practicing until I'm good at it. Of course to be good in something, you have to sacrifice something. There's always the opportunity cost. For me, it's computer time, nap time. Besides, I have not been watching much TV lately, other than watching American Idol, I don't watch anything else on TV.

Of course, I won't see the results overnight. It takes time, it takes patience.

All the best to my friends preparing for finals.

P.S. click on this post title to get to Lee Hom's article.

No comments: