Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Using Google

Do you know that Google is more than just a search engine? This is what I found out during my free time.

You can actually use Google for a lot of things. One, is of course as a search engine. I always use Google first to find the information I need.

Second, you can use Google to blog. Blogspot actually belongs to Google. So for all those without the old blogger account, you need to have a gmail account to sign up.

Third, you can use Gmail to send emails to friends. I don't know when exactly have I started using Gmail but it was a long time ago, when I was still in light blue pinafore studying in SMK Taman SEA. I got invited by Andrew, and at that time, the invites were limited unlike now. Oh, Gmail also just started at that time, not many people heard of it yet. It wasn't as user-friendly back then compared to now, there weren't so many extras like labels, chat either. Yeah, I use Gmail to chat with my friends who also has a gmail account, which is still a small number because I think not many people are aware that they can use gmail to chat.

There is also labels which is similar to folders, it helps me group certain mails together. I receive newsletter from ACCA, so I use this function to group all email from ACCA together. Whenever I have the time to read it, I'll click on this label and it will display all mails from ACCA.

Fourth, Google calendar, which I just learned how to use. Very user-friendly and convenient. Now I can use it to organize and manage my time, very much like a management diary except that this is a paperless version. I can let it remind me of events and I can invite my friends to events using Google calendar.

Next, there's Google documents which I haven't tried out yet. It's like Microsoft Office except that now you can do your work offline/online.

I think there are probably more but I haven't discover it yet. I hope that those at Google would come up with something to help me manage my expenses and also a to-do list.

All these tools would be good, especially if we want to save the earth by going paperless.

1 comment:

Slave said...

I am sad and at the same time happy for you.

Sad - I am sorry to hear that, I know it how painful it is and some people talk without filter their words.

Happy - You had succeed in overcome it and move on your life. I hope you are able to find your Partner in no time.

Btw, thx for giving me comment ^^