Monday, July 7, 2008

Money

And I dream again
you're right by my side
You're back in my arms again
A feeling so sublime
So I dream again
Your beautiful smile
When we're dancing cheek to cheek
Across a thousand miles

That's the chorus part for Dream Again by Wang Lee Hom. My dream has come true, God has answered my prayers.

Anyway, back to the topic on money. I took this quiz during English class last week. It on page 38, Market Leader. The textbook I had to use.

  1. How much cash do you have with you at the moment? Do you:
a)know exactly ...cos I count my money
b)know approximately
c)not know at all?

2. Do you normally check:
a)your change? Yes, and demand the cashier to give me the exact change no less. If the cashier gave more, I'll just walk away pretending nothing happened. *guilty*
b)Your bank statements and credit card bills? Yes
c)Restaurant bills? Same as my answer for part a
d)Your receipts when shopping? Same answer as part a
e)Prices in several shops before you buy something? I buy a good because of love at 1st sight and not really because of the price.

3. Do you?
a) give money to beggars? KL beggars are all fakes
b)give money to charities? Only those affliated to my church or Christian organizations. I'm not sure if I can trust others
c)give away used items, such as clothing? Yes, Jumble Station, you can donate to them. It's to help single mothers earn money through selling secondhand items.

4. If you go for a meal with someone you don't know well, do you:
a)offer to pay the whole bill?..this only applies to my close friends.
b)suggest dividing the bill into equal parts?
c)offer to pay the whole bill but expect them to pay next time?
d)try to avoid paying anything?

5. What do you think about people who do not pay the correct amount of tax? Is this:
a) a serious crime?
b)morally wrong but not a crime? ...but if you don't pay taxes where is the government going to get the money to subsidize your petrol?
c)excellent business practice?

6. If you lend a colleague a small amount of money and they forget to pay it back, do you:
a)say nothing
b)remind them that they owe you money
c)arrange to go for a drink with them and say you've forgotten your wallet or purse.

No comments: