Monday, May 4, 2009

Music-Man Live in KL

On May 2, 2009 I went to Music-man concert in Bukit Jalil National Stadium. The last time I was there, it was to watch the Commonwealth games which was a long time ago in 1998. I arrived there with my friend at 6.30pm and there was already a crowd. There was already a lot of people there and my friend and me lined up at the wrong place. However, after finding out that we were at the wrong line and after looking around for a sign that says RM198, we managed to find the right line. It was really hot out there, I was already sweating even before I got in.

I think there was more than 20,000 there that night. After the opening performance, I finally got to see what I had been waiting for - Wang Leehom. He performed songs from his older albums and also from his latest album "Hearbeat". He also introduced Bahamut to us and it was really cool. He played the grand piano (which looked dirty, no wonder he didn't mind standing on it to sing "What's wrong with rock" before the concert ended), violin, drums and of course the electric guitar. I like how he played a popular Disney song "When you wish upon the star" before performing "Luo Ye Gui Gen" on the violin. He' s really a maestro.

Some songs that I didn't expect him to sing is "Crying Palms" - one song which I still love until now and also "Can You Feel My World".

Other than singing and playing musical instruments, Leehom also danced and beat-boxed. Wow! He performs differently live and most of the time, it's better than the album version. So it's really worth it to go to his concert. The concert ended at around 11 something and fortunately, I managed to reach home after 12am. Normally, the LRT stations closes at 12am or 11.45pm.

Overall, the concert was brilliant!

Leehom fan,
Vicky

No comments: