Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do we have to pay taxes?

As I was reading Romans 13 today and came across verse 6 and 7 which says," This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. (NIV)

Reading these verses reminds me about a client I had at my work place who asked why does he have to pay taxes. If I had read this verses earlier, I might have quoted this verse to him.

Anyway, the textbook answer is a part of our earnings contributed to the government to enable them to meet expenditures for the benefit of the people.

Just finish reading Talk to the Snail by Stephen Clarke. I find it funny. Don't go to France without reading this book! ( according to the back cover of the book.)

Happy Monday!
Vicky

No comments: