Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Recently read

The case for faith: A journalist investigates the toughest objections to Christianity by Lee Strobel

This book get the answers for 8 objections to Christianity. I asked myself some of these questions before. They are:
  1. Objection #1: Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot
  2. Objection #2: Since miracles contradict science, they cannot be true
  3. Objection #3: Evolution explains life, so God isn't needed
  4. Objection #4: God isn't worthy pf worship if he kills innocent children
  5. Objection #5: It's offensive to claim Jesus is the only way to God
  6. Objection #6: A loving God would never torture people in hell
  7. Objection #7: Church history is littered with oppression and violence
  8. Objection #8: I still have doubts, so I can't be a Christian

The author gets the answer to these 8 objections by interviewing the right people to answer those questions. He asked really tough questions. For more details, read the book.

I had doubts before, even after becoming a Christian, but I decided to just put it aside and trust God, I think this requires faith because "...faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."(Hebrews 11:1)

The more I know God, the more I experience Him, the more I know that He is real.

Other than that, I read the Bible, and read books. I read three books by this author - The Case for Christ, The case for Faith and The case for a creator. Read these books, it's really good.

6 comments:

h0cmun said...

if God is a loving God, then why would he killed his son to forgive our sins?
does that mean if i love my neighbor i have to kill my son to show the love?

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

haha..u read the Bible, you know the reason. If God didn't do it, you have to pay 4 ur sins, u r nt God, so y do u kill ur son 4?? Dat wouldn't show ur neighbor u love him. Just show ur neighbor u r some psychopath.God created life, God can take it away. We didn't create life.

h0cmun said...

lol.. good answer. :)
but what if i don't even believe in the bible? how do you prove that the bible is true?

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

Ok, 1st, history shows d Bible is accurate, next, all d writers of d Bible point towards d same thing as in they prophesied abt d same thing, in statistics, d chances of dat coming true is very slim, but it was true isn't it. Jesus was born in a manger, gave birth by a virgin, then crucified. U got 2 read d book 4 more details. cz some scientific stuff i dun really noe how 2 explain cz nt science student.

h0cmun said...

if you notice, the story recorded in some other religion book is also similar to the bible.
which history do you learn prove that the bible is accurate?
Jesus was born in a manger, by a virgin lady and is crucified, that's also Islam belief what.. do you think this is strong enough to prove Christianity is true?

Vicky Pang Weiqi said...

Ok, u seriously got 2 read d book cz this was discussed in dere. I borrowed all 3 books from my church library.