Friday, May 23, 2008

Which one do you fear more?

I read an article on the internet asking which one would people fear more. Recession or terrorism. I would say neither, but I would fear natural disaster more.

I was reading CNN on the internet when I came across this report about a Hurricane that hit Weld County in Colorado. Even the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admistration (NOAA) predicts that this year's hurricane season which begins on June 1 would be above normal.

Recently we hear news of earthquakes, hurricanes and what not. Other than helping the victims, what are we doing about it for the future? Fighting global warming would be costly but is the economy more important than this planet that we live in? Sometimes natural disaster might weaken the economy. What about our future generations? Nature can easily wipe out the entire human race. It's that scary. That's why I would fear natural disaster more.

No comments: